My all-time favourite way to have leftover slow roasted lamb— paired with caramelised butternut squash, homemade mint gremolata, and sprinkled with juicy pomegranate seeds.
Dairy-Free • Gluten-Free
- Quick mint gremolata recipe (full recipe on recipe card)
- Everything you need to make this recipe
- More squash recipes
Quick mint gremolata recipe
For two servings— mix together 2 handfuls of mint leaves finely chopped, 1 green chilli finely chopped, 2 pressed garlic cloves, 1 lemon (juice and zest), 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, and a pinch of sea salt flakes.
Everything you need to make this recipe
- Slow roasted lamb. This recipe used leftover roasted leg of lamb. Note: This recipe does not include how to cook/prepare the roasted lamb, but how to prepare a delicious dish using already cooked slow-roasted lamb.
- Butternut squash. Try other varieties of squash, too!
- Olive oil
- Seasoning— cumin, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and pepper
- Mint gremolata— mint leaves, green chilli, fresh garlic, lemon, extra-virgin olive oil, sea salt flakes. Note: I’m a big fan of using what you have on-hand to reduce food waste. So try making a different flavour gremolata with any fresh herbs you have available! Parsley or coriander (cilantro) would also be delicious in this recipe!
- Pomegranate seeds
More squash recipes
- Roasted Butternut Squash, Tomato, and Garlic Soup
- Butternut Squash and Caramelised Onion Pizza
- Roasted Tomato and Butternut Squash Pasta
- Pan Seared Gnocchi with Roasted Pumpkin Purée
Leftover Roasted Lamb with Caramelised Squash
- 85-100 g roasted lamb cooked and ready-to-eat
- 1/2 butternut squash medium-sized
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp pomegranate seeds
- 2 handfuls mint leaves finely chopped
- 1 green chilli finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves pressed or grated
- 1 lemon juice and zest
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- pinch sea salt flakes
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC/400ºF and line a baking tray.
- Slice the butternut squash in half length ways, scoop out the seeds with a spoon and discard. Pierce the outside of the squash with a knife a few times. Drizzle the olive oil on the flesh of the squash and sprinkle on the cumin, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and pepper. Add to the lined baking tray flesh-side face-down. Bake for 1 hour.
- While the squash is cooking, prepare the mint gremolata. Mix all the ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
- When the squash is done, carefully peel off the skin (when it has cooled down a bit) and slice it into cubes. Plate it along with the prepared cooked lamb, mint gremolata, and pomegranate seeds.